Monday, June 25, 2007

Free! I'm free!

Six exams down, none to go. I am so happy! Now I just have to wait to find out whether or not I passed everything.

I found out from Dixie Peach that it's Language Week 2007. All this week, you are encouraged to blog in a language that you don't usually blog in. So I am going to try to write a little bit in French each day. There's no spelling or grammar checker on here, so my apologies in advance...

Pour célébrer la fin des examens, mes amies et moi, nous allons voir Shrek le troisième demain après-midi. J'aurais préféré voir Pirates des Caraïbes, mais tout le monde est déjà allé le voir.

To celebrate the end of exams, my friends and I are going to see Shrek 3 tomorrow afternoon. I would rather have seen Pirates of the Caribbean, but everybody else already saw it.

Maintenant que les examens sont finis, je dois commencer à travailler sur ma mémoire. Je fais une traduction argumentée de certains extraits de Du rêve pour les oufs par Faïza Guène. ça devrait être intéressant...

Now that exams are over, I have to start working on my thesis. I'm translating a few chapters of Du rêve pour les oufs by Faïza Guène. It should be interesting work...

Je suis plutôt fière de moi... j'arrive à répondre à la plupart des questions de rapidité sur la version française de Qui veut gagner des millions. J'aime bien regarder la télé ici, même quand les émissions sont un peu stupides. "Secret story" a commencé hier soir... c'est une sorte de variation sur "Big Brother" où tous les candidats ont une secrète qu'ils cachent de leurs camarades dans la maison. Et comme dans "Big Brother", les candidats sont complètement coupés du monde extérieur--pas d'internet, de télé, etc. Ils essaient de dévoiler les secrets les uns des autres et un est expulsé chaque semaine.

I'm rather proud of myself... I can answer most of the fast finger questions on the French version of Who Wants to be a Millionaire. I like watching TV here, even when the programs are a little bit dumb. "Secret Story" started last night... it's a sort of variation on "Big Brother" where all the contestants have a secret that they're hiding from their housemates. And just like "Big Brother", the contestants are completely cut off from the outside world--no internet, TV, etc. They try to figure out each other's secrets, and one is kicked off each week.

Je suis allée au Jardin Botanique hier pour me détendre un peu, et j'ai pris quelques photos.

I went to the Botanical Gardens yesterday to relax a little, and I took some pictures.

Le jet d'eau/the Water Jet:



Un cygne et des bébés cygnes/a swan and cygnets:


La flûtiste charmante/the charming flautist:


Trouvez le pâon caché dans l'arbre/find the peacock hiding in the tree:


Une fleur étrange/a weird flower:


Voilà tout. A demain!

2 comments:

Dixie said...

I knew you'd be a natural at this! Are you going to try a little Spanish as well?

Princess Cat's Pajamas said...

Oh no, no Spanish. My passive Spanish is fine, but I've lost a lot of my ability to speak and write properly. Hopefully one day I'll get that back...