Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Here. I've got a hint for you.

If you want me to do freelance work for you:
  • DON'T call me 3 times over the course of the 2-hour-long meeting I have with the Big Boss of my organization on Friday morning.

  • DON'T leave a message that does not tell me who you are or include the name of the organization you want me to work for and the nature of the work you'd like me to do.

  • DON'T ask me to please call you back at MY telephone number.

  • DON'T keep your Sabbath day holy but text me 3 times on mine.

  • DON'T wait until the 3rd text message (in other words, the SIXTH time you've contacted me) to finally give me a number at which I can actually reach you.
Because you know what? That makes me think that maybe you're not such a great person to work for. I'm just sayin'.

No comments: