Saturday, April 12, 2008

I love my mom.

Growing up, my mom's favorite remedy for everything was Vitamin C. 1000mg every hour. Headache? Allergies? Sinus infection? Take Vitamin C.

I called my mom this morning to check on her. She's had a raging sinus infection for something like six weeks now, and she's going to have sinus surgery on Thursday.

"It's amazing!" she said. "Since I've been sick, I've been craving oranges. Usually I don't like them, but now I'm eating 2 or 3 every day. I can't believe I'm not craving cookies or candy or sugar... My body must really need Vitamin C!"...

(pause)

..."Oh. I guess I could go buy some Vitamin C, huh? What a great idea! Why didn't I think of that before?!"

"I love you, Mom."

(giggling)

"Why, because I'm so simple?"

"Nope. Just because you're you."

No comments: