Sunday, September 30, 2007

Ouch

I found out this week that the guy I really, really like (and have liked for pretty close to the past year) has a girlfriend. Darn. I was so close to working up the nerve to ask him if he would like to go out for a drink with me.

So I've been sniffling into my pillow a little for the past few nights, and generally feeling sorry for myself. I have been informed that I am very lucky to have reached almost 24 without ever crying over a guy until now. And I suppose that's true. The bright side is that he doesn't know that I like him, so if I can get my head screwed on straight and act normal in front of him, we can still be friends.

I'm still bummed out, though.

2 comments:

The Lone Beader® said...

I know how you feel. I've been in love with a guy for the past 2 years, and he insists that we are 'just friends' (although that is debatable). The stupid thing is he knows I'm in love with him, yet he's been dating some girl who is 14 years younger than him since February. (banging head against wall... ) It really breaks my heart and I have cried over him many a night. I am just beginning to accept that my feelings for him will never change. BTW, he is Rudy's owner. Why do men have to be so stupid?? LOL.

Sofia said...

Just wanted to drop a friendly (American- if u wish!) Hello. I was browsing the blogs on expat women and found yours, i've enjoyed reading it :]. I think having a talent for languages is amazing, i've always wanted to speak four or five but i dont seem to have a knack for it haha. I'm working on my third.
Well, hope to read more of your adventures, feel free to read mine!

Sofia

PS- i know that whole "HE HAS A GIRLFRIEND!" feeling..i find chocolate or wine helps :]