Saturday, September 22, 2007

Guten Tag

Ich heisse Kitty. Ich wohne in Genf. Ich komme aus Amerika (die Vereinigten Staaten von Amerika). Ich lebe seit einem Jahr in der Schweiz. Ich bin Studentin an der Universität Genf und ich bin Übersetzerin. Ich spreche englisch, französisch und spanisch.

I just finished my first four-hour-long German lesson. It really flew by... it didn't feel like four hours at all! I guess time flies when you're having fun. For anybody who doesn't read German, the previous paragraph says: "My name is Kitty. I live in Geneva. I am from America (the United States of America). I have lived in Switzerland for one year. I am a student at the University of Geneva and I am a translator. I speak English, French and Spanish." And that's about all I know how to say so far! Now I have to practice, practice, practice so that I still remember how to say it all next Saturday (hopefully without looking at my notes).

Auf Wiedersehen!

2 comments:

The Lone Beader® said...

Great job! That's more German than I know...

Twelfthknit said...

I guess that's the best way to learn - intensive course and being in a country that speaks the language. I begin weekly German lessons this week, prior to moving to Zurich in January - I then plan to do an intensive course when I've been there for a couple of weeks. I'll also be continuing to learn Gaelic so I'm not sure how that will go...good luck with your course.
India