Friday, August 17, 2007

My mother cracks me up!

My mom is a model citizen. Conservative Southern Baptist, sings in the church choir and plays the piano for the church service. Doesn't drink, smoke or cuss. Elementary school teacher. You get the picture.

But this week she got a ticket. So on her way to defensive driving (or "driving for dummies," as she calls it) she made up this song and emailed it to me.

I'm on my way to driving school, to driving school, to driving school;
I'm on my way to driving school, tra la la la la la.

I don't want to go, to go, to go;
I don't want to go, tra la la la la la.

But I am a criminal, a criminal, a criminal;
But I am a criminal, tra la la la la la.

They'll put me in jail, in jail, in jail;
They'll put me in jail, if I don't go.

I'll be like Scarlett O'Hara, Scarlett O'Hara, Scarlett O'Hara;
I'll be like Scarlett O'Hara, I'll think about it tomorrow.

Do you want this song to end, to end, to end;
Do you want this song to end, well okay then!

I couldn't help but crack up laughing. I never thought that I'd hear my mother say (or sing) that she was a criminal.

I love my mom!

1 comment:

Rhonda said...

Me too, she was calling me when she got the ticket! xxoo rhonda