Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Cross your fingers for me...

I'm applying for a bunch of different internships right now. I really need to get some real-world experience under my belt before I graduate. (Especially since I would like to stay here after I graduate, which means that I've got to be able to convince HR people that they want to get a residence permit for me. (Unless, of course, I get married, but that's not going to happen anytime soon.))

So I sent in my CV and a cover letter to the most well-organized internship program I could find, and if that doesn't pan out, there are some other (less formal) volunteer opportunities that I'm looking into as well.

I'm so nervous!!!

5 comments:

Dixie said...

How long will it be before you find out?

Princess Cat's Pajamas said...

I don't know... all these places say "send us your cv and a cover letter and if we're interested, we'll get back to you". No application deadlines or anything. So I'm nervous!

Irie said...

I've got everything crossed for you!!

Unknown said...

Kitty - I just love all of your posts in french and yes I will cross your fingers for you! I know how hard it is.... I guess that's why I'm in Canada and not Switzerland anymore. :(

The DP said...

You will be fine, Geneva is crawling with jobs, and is willing even to do permits for admin staff. People are always looking for interns...I might have a lead for you, email me at the email on my profile, I can give you a headhunter's name and a company looking for intern's name. Not joking.

I do have to say, if you get married, paradoxically getting your permit is a whole lot easier if you marry a EU citizen rather than a Swiss. If it is a Swiss they get all curious about whether it is a mariage blanc, your permit is renawable yearly, visits, drama...when you are married to a european you get your b permit for five years no questions asked.