Friday, July 13, 2007

I passed!

Grades came out today... I passed all my exams! Yay for me!

I'm still trying to process my thoughts about the latest Harry Potter movie... I can deal with the elements they left out, but so much of what was included in the film was made up! There also didn't seem to be a lot of dialogue for a two-something-hour movie, and some of the great conversations from the book (Harry and the Order, Harry and Sirius, Harry and Dumbledore) were cut down to a bare minimum. I also didn't get the sense that a full year passed over the course of the movie.

That being said, Imelda Staunton and Alan Rickman were absolutely brilliant! I think my favorite line from the movie is, "Obviously."

There was a really sad newspaper report today that said that there are 20-30% fewer baby ducks on the lake this year, partially because of all the wind we've been having. They say that the baby ducks get separated from their mothers and end up dying. :( Poor little ducklings.

Tomorrow is going to be a beach day... good weather at last!

1 comment:

The Lone Beader® said...

Have fun at the beach... :)