Sunday, April 1, 2007

Spring has sprung!

We had what will hopefully be our very last snow of the year this past Friday. It was a Texas weather day--first it was cool and drizzly, then it got warm and sunny, then we had a thunder and lightning storm, then it snowed snowflakes two inches in diameter. All in the space of twelve hours.

Now, though, it is warm and sunny. Today I went to the park and took a picture of the statue at the cherry tree:




The blooms were huge!



Other than that, it's been a fairly boring weekend. I worked on five different translations (excerpts from Zola's "J'accuse", the constitution of Burkina Faso, a magazine article on food allergies, a report on the Costa Rican economy, and a passage from "Les bottes des sept lieues"). I also forgot that Tylenol with codeine is over-the-counter in France, which is just a 20-minute tram ride away. I remembered at 8:45 last night, at which time it was too late (French pharmacies are closed on Saturday nights and Sundays).

If anybody can tell me what "Il était quatre heures de décembre" means between now and tomorrow morning, I'd be much obliged...

2 comments:

The Lone Beader® said...

'It is four hours until December'?? LOL. I'm going to Paris next month, so I'm trying to brush up on my French... Also, thanks for the link. Please stop by my blog anytime. Cheers from Boston=:)

Devon said...

hey buns...that's a magnolia, not a cherry tree! I should know, cuz back in illinois we have one right outside my bedroom window and it always blooms right around my birthday. I guess between global warming and going a few lats south, all the magnolias seem to be flashing their flowers a month early this year! i love you and miss you!