Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Sticking it to the man

I am not normally a "stick it to the man" sort of person. But my insurance company is ticking me off at the moment... they're dragging their feet on reimbursing me for 3100 francs' worth of MRI/CAT scans. Usually they reimburse within a month, but it's been two months now and I'm still waiting.

So I got smart and quit paying up front. Over the past two weeks, I've managed to have the radiology center, the hospital and the pharmacy send about 10,000 francs' worth of bills straight to insurance. (A franc is worth about 98 cents at the moment, so yes, this is a lot of money!) I still have 450 francs' worth of bills that have to be paid up front, but that's a lot better than 10,000!

Maybe now the insurance company will start picking up their feet...

No comments: