Tuesday, August 25, 2009

On my own again

I dropped my mom off at the airport this morning. It's hard to believe she's been here for 7 weeks... in the beginning it was weird to have her here in my world, and now it's weird to have her gone. No more late night giggling, squeezing past two beds stuck in a 6-foot-wide room, yummy homemade meals, lost slippers...

So now it's gross and grey and rainy outside, and I've gone through all my school folders and tossed a bazillion files in the recycling and read the New York Times and the Jerusalem Post and made a peanut butter and jelly sandwich and eaten a whole box of lemon cookies.

Gotta find something else to do. Maybe photo editing...

1 comment:

Michelle said...

It's funny how a space is created to make room for someone that you didn't even know you needed. But it feels so empty when they go. Still, I am always glad for the nice memories, even if it is too quiet for awhile.