Monday, June 22, 2009

Now I know my ABCs?

So, last week I learned the alphabet song in Hebrew, so I know the names of the letters and what order they go in.

This week's challenge: learn to recognize them all and write them correctly. I'm at the point right now where I can sing my ABCs, but I can't tell the difference between P and T. Can someone please tell me why hay and chet look so much alike? Or dâlet and chaf sofît? Or shin and sin?

Sure, I could wait until Hebrew classes start in September to do this, but I want to be able to read along in the Hebrew side of the Siddour now, darnit. (I never was good at patience.)

So I'm copying and recopying and recopying the alphabet. My poor alephs are pathetic looking. And I need to make some flashcards. I feel kind of like a little kid drilling math facts or something...

No comments: