Saturday, February 14, 2009

Spring is on its way...

Spring always seems to sneak up on me each year. My brain knows that the days start getting longer starting on December 22nd, but my conscious self doesn't pick up on the changes until, oh, say, this week. I heard little birds singing when I woke up on Monday... it's the first time I've heard that in months. Then, a few days later, I realized that the sun was still shining outside at 6pm. It was a beautiful moment.

Of course, winter is in no hurry to go away... it snowed a lot here on Wednesday night/Thursday morning, and I woke up to five positively miserable pigeons huddled together on my windowsill. When I got up, they sort of nervously glanced over at me as though to say, "Please stay over there so we can stay over here. Please?"

But slowly and surely, spring is on its way...

No comments: