Saturday, August 9, 2008

Les feux pyromélodiques

Question for the day: Why, oh why, did my camera decide to break? Yes, it still takes pictures, but it can't take movies anymore. Which means that I couldn't film the fireworks tonight. They were wonderful -- so much better than last year -- and not just because I got a better spot that was closer to the speakers on the lake. The music was so much fun this year -- Moscow was the guest of honor and the theme was "dance". They started off with traditional Russian folk dances, then switched to contemporary Russian pop, then played the Blue Danube Waltz, the waltz from Amélie, some traditional and modern Irish dances, flamenco, Swan Lake (at which point an enormous swan flew right over the crowd, completely by coincidence), a Hungarian dance that everyone knows of but whose title I forget, Twelve Girls' Band, and some techno and techtonik music. So much fun!

Here's a good video I found on YouTube of the Amélie segment:

No comments: