Sunday, July 6, 2008

Naughty little caterpillars

I bought some new plants to brighten up my new room -- a pink rosebush, a purple African violet, and a coral-colored begonia. They've been living happily on my desk for the past week, and the little rosebush is growing like a weed. Yesterday I went over it carefully, trimming off all the dried blooms. It looked all nice and pretty when I was done.

Fast forward to this morning... I noticed a bunch of little black specks on some of my rosebush's new leaves. I went to brush the little specks off, and that's when I saw them -- two naughty little green caterpillars munching happily away on my little plant!

Luckily, they chose to munch on some of the older leaves, not the pretty little new ones. But, still. How rude. I picked them off and threw them outside in the rain, and hopefully they won't be back.

1 comment:

The Lone Beader® said...

Oh no! They'll be back... I once had that problem with a bright green grasshopper.