Saturday, June 7, 2008

Sex and the City and Chanson de l'Année 2008

I don't get it. It comes on a couple of nights a week on the Swiss German channel, and I've watched a few episodes... and they just don't do anything for me. That's what I told my mom today on the phone when she said that she and one of her girlfriends were going to see it this afternoon. It's raunchy/uninteresting/so beneath me, I said. And my mom said that I probably felt that way because I'm "such an intellectual".

And then I remembered, guiltily, that I found this entry to last night's "Chanson de l'Année 2008" competition on TF1 highly amusing:



Yep. So intellectual. Oops.

On the other end of the song spectrum, though, I also loved this absolutely gorgeous song by Stanislas, of whom I'd never heard before last night:



There was also a very thought-provoking song by Zazie:



And my two personal favorites, one by Yael Naim:



And the other, by Christophe Willem.

Unfortunately, none of these ended up winning. But I guess I can't complain since I didn't vote...

No comments: