Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Let me out, let me out!

I got stuck in the elevator at school again last week. (For those of you who are keeping count, that's the third time.)

There were nine of us crammed in an eight-person elevator (N.B. for those of you who have never seen a European elevator before -- an 8-person elevator in Switzerland is a heck of a lot smaller than an 8-person elevator in the States). The doors slammed shut behind us, freaking us out a little, but the elevator started going up just fine.

Then it stopped on the second floor.

There is no button for the second floor.

The elevator doors opened on solid wall, at which point my claustrophobic friend became visibly nervous. (So did I -- I had to go to the bathroom!) Everybody in the elevator started looking around bemusedly, as though to say, "What now?"

The elevator stayed there for a few minutes, then the doors slammed shut again. And slowly, very slowly, we started going down.

Much to our relief, the elevator doors opened normally once we reached the ground floor.

One of these days, I'm going to get in the habit of climbing the six flights of stairs to class...

4 comments:

The Lone Beader® said...

I have a fear of getting stuck in the lift in my building because everyonce in awhile, it breaks for stops working for no apparent reason.... So, I usually walk the 2 flights of stairs. Six would be a lot, though... :0

Marshamlow said...

I definetly think this is a sign you should take the stairs! Good luck. Happy Easter.

Carol said...

OMG! That's my worst nightmare! OK, not true... My WORST nightmare is being in a pool that sudden;y has a grate over it -- which I dreamed once. Glad all is OK!

Carol

Irie said...

Poor Kitty! I'm glad that you're OK.