Saturday, October 13, 2007

Me and my Kleenex box

Ich bin krank. Still. My nose is really good at running, so my Kleenex box has been my faithful companion this week. He sleeps with me at night, sits at the breakfast table with me in the morning, and tags along to my classes and the computer lab with me. I'm being made fun of rather a lot, but my nose is clean and dry (if very congested).

I spent Thursday afternoon at the natural history museum with a friend. We were touring the amphibian/reptile/fish floor, looking at a diorama of Komodo dragons and other such animals, all labeled with their scientific names, when a little green dragon in the corner of the display caught our eye. Somebody must have a good sense of humor, because there was Puff the Magic Dragon, sitting there pretty as you please, grinning at the passers-by. And a little further down the way, we came across a diorama of the ocean, and a toy Nemo was hanging alongside all the other fish. It cracked us up.

I am marvellously behind on all of my work for this week. I need to learn to apply myself. (And I need to get well.)

Off to blow my nose again.

2 comments:

The Lone Beader® said...

Oh no! I hope you feel better soon:)

Irie said...

Feel better soon, Kitty!