Monday, September 17, 2007

I must be out of my mind

Today I took the plunge and signed up for German lessons. Not just standard German lessons, but intensive German lessons that meet for four hours at a time. The rationale behind this move (yes, I was rational when I made this decision) is that in order to find a job as a translator in Switzerland, I am probably going to have to have German in my language combination. I pick up languages pretty quickly, which is why I chose the intensive route... I need to cram in as much German as possible as quickly as possible. If I work really hard for the next two to three years, I should be proficient enough to be able to translate professionally. Too bad I didn't make this decision a year ago...

So, soon I'm going to have four languages running around and wreaking havoc in my head!

3 comments:

Marshamlow said...

You are going to do great. Have fun with it.

The Lone Beader® said...

I would love to take a language class... The only one I ever took was the mandatory 2 yrs. of French when I was in high school...So, I can attempt to fake that. LOL. And, when I was in Germany for a week in the spring, I didn't have to speak a word of German, cuz they all speak English over there... makes us Americans look bad. I'm embarrassed that we only know one language. :(

Anyways, good luck with your German class.

Jul said...

Viel Spass dabei!

Let's hope they teach you real German, not the Swiss kind...