Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Numa Numa

I can't help it. I love the silly video of the guy lipsynching to the Numa Numa song. It wandered into my life at the end of the last year of my BA. We had just found out that Rudy Giuliani was going to be our commencement speaker, senior theses were due at the end of the week, and final exams were going to be the week after. Stress was at an all-time high, drunken students were vandalizing the senior residence halls, and a campus-wide email war had broken out, with Rudy Giuliani cc'd on every message. Then somebody sent us all the Numa Numa video and all of the sudden, it was all over. Joy and silliness and happiness broke out and carried us through the last week to freedom.

So I've been listening to the Numa Numa song in the background all night long while nursing my sunburn and reading excerpts from Thoreau's "Civil Disobedience" and Franklin's "Poor Richard's Almanac". Brings back good American memories.

No comments: